You’ve probably heard it a thousand times, but it’s worth repeating: a seat belt could save your life in the event of an accident. The fact is that car crashes account for tens of thousands of deaths every year in the United States, and many of these could have been prevented with the use of a safety belt. There’s a reason it’s the law to wear a seat belt in all 50 states.
If you get into an accident, you’ll be glad that you were wearing your seat belt. You’ll also be happy to know that, in the event you’re involved in a collision, 24-hour towing in Greeley, CO is available from Superior Towing. Let’s review why it’s so important to always wear your seat belt—and to make sure everyone else in your family does as well:
- In accidents where the vehicle’s passengers clear the vehicle—in other words, they are launched from the vehicle on impact—they are 25 times more likely to suffer serious injuries or die. Luckily, this doesn’t happen when you wear a seat belt.
- One of the most frequent ways children die in car crashes is from the force of an adult who is not wearing a seat belt crushing them.
- It is estimated that half of all car accident deaths are the result of passengers not wearing their seat belts. While almost everyone thinks it’s a good idea to wear a seat belt, far too few people actually follow through on this. This is even more true in the case of children—80 percent of child deaths in car accidents could be prevented through proper seat belt use.
- If you think you don’t need to wear your seat belt because you’re a responsible driver, think again. Roughly 20 percent of all drivers will be involved in a car crash this year. You’re not immune to this.
- Many people mistakenly believe that driving at a slow speed means you don’t need to wear your seat belt. The majority of serious injury accidents occur at speeds of under 40 miles per hour.
- For people younger than age 44, the leading cause of death is automobile crashes. It’s also the leading cause of spinal cord injury, which can lead to paralysis.
- Injuries in car crashes are likely to affect particularly sensitive parts of the body. Head injuries are especially common, leading to everything from brain dysfunction to epilepsy.
Hopefully, if you are unlucky enough to get into an accident, you’ll have remembered to wear your seat belt. Although air bags are helpful safety tools, they only work in conjunction with proper seat belt use.
If you’re looking for a trustworthy provider of 24-hour towing in Greeley, CO, then trust Superior Towing. We provide fast, affordable service to drivers throughout northeastern Colorado and southern Wyoming. Our quick, professional towing, emergency towing and vehicle accident recovery services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you never get stranded on the road. Call us when you need us!
Categorised in: 24 Hour Towing
This post was written by Writer