As your local towing service in Greeley, CO, we know firsthand how easy and common it is to get into an accident while driving though a work zone. Changing traffic patterns, slowdowns and drivers who are in a hurry are all a recipe for disaster. However, by following these few simple tips related to work zone safety, you can get to work with minimal risk of an accident:
- Expect the unexpected: When in a work zone, it is wisest to expect the unexpected. Accidents, sudden braking and other hazards are a constant and present danger.
- Stay alert: Put the phone down, turn the radio down and give your full attention to the road. Distractions are a leading cause of work zone accidents.
- Slow down: People tend to get frustrated and try to speed through a work zone. However, speeding will rarely get you to your destination faster. In fact, it often results in a crash. Slow down and avoid an accident—not to mention a hefty fine if you’re caught.
- Keep up with traffic: Although you don’t want to speed in work zone, driving too slow can be hazardous as well. If you’re moving slower than the rest of the traffic, people coming up behind you may not realize it until it’s too late, causing them to rear-end you.
- Don’t tailgate: It’s important to keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you. Even if you are a careful driver, that doesn’t necessarily mean the drivers around you are being careful. Give yourself enough space and time to stop if the car in front of you should suddenly hit the brakes.
- Give workers space: You should also leave space between you and the construction workers and/or their equipment. And although they’re trained to be careful, construction workers expect you to watch out for them as well.
- Pay attention to road signs: The road signs are there to warn you of upcoming hazards or changes in the flow of traffic. Paying attention to these signs will help you prepare for what’s ahead.
- Obey flaggers: The flaggers are there to protect you and help guide traffic. You can trust that they are not only informed of the appropriate traffic patterns, but also carefully trained to properly direct traffic.
- Stay calm: It’s important to remember that getting frustrated will not make the traffic move any faster. Better to stay calm so you can pay attention to the road and not be tempted to speed.
- Schedule enough time for your commute: Listen to local radio stations, use your GPS or check the news before you leave home so you can stay up to date on any traffic delays and schedule enough time to get to your destination.
Although Superior Towing is more than ready to provide you with fast and convenient towing service in Greeley, CO, by following these few simple steps, you can avoid an accident and the need for our services.
Categorised in: Towing Service
This post was written by Writer