If you think that getting a DUI and a fine is bad, consider the life-changing consequences of slamming your vehicle into someone else—you could kill or injure yourself or others. With that in mind, here’s some advice from a towing service in Greeley, CO. Consider the following alternatives to driving drunk:
- Have a designated driver: Every group of friends has that one friend who either does not drink or is willing to go sober for the night, because they enjoy going out for a fun night on the town without alcohol needing to be a part of the equation. But don’t assume this friend is always available to drive you around so you can drink. As a part of your plans for the night, make sure you know exactly how you are going to get home, and who will be your designated driver.
- Call a cab: One of the simplest alternatives to driving under the influence of alcohol is to call a cab. Cabs are available 24/7 and can get you home without a fuss. However, if you’ve lost your wallet or you don’t have any money, ask them to drop you off at a friend’s or family member’s house where you can borrow some cash to pay the fare.
- Call a free ride service: If you frequent the bar scene or like to party hard, do yourself a favor and NEVER drive yourself home. Instead, do an Internet search for free ride shares in your area, such as through MADD, and write out a list of contacts to keep with you. If getting drunk was not your plan, but now you are intoxicated, ask the bartender if they have the number of an organization you can call so you get home safe. Also, pay attention to volunteers who come around to public places announcing free rides where alcohol is served.
- Call a family member or friend: It doesn’t matter how old you are. If you need help, your friends and family will be there for you—in this case, by picking you up so you don’t feel inclined to drive home drunk. The best idea is to ask them in advance to plan a set pickup time. Otherwise, call on someone who doesn’t mind their phone ringing at 1:45 in the morning.
- Get a tow: Although your insurance company may not cover a towing fee to get your drunk self home, there are towing services out there who will pick you up and tow your vehicle home. Like having a free ride service list at the ready, make sure you have numbers for local towing companies that take part in programs dedicated to keeping intoxicated folks from getting behind the wheel and driving.
- Drink at home: Imagine this—you, your couch, a movie and a bottle of wine… okay, and maybe a few friends, too. Staying home and having a few drinks means you won’t need to drive anywhere, or worry about how you’re getting home. Better safe than sorry!
Need a prompt towing service in Greeley, CO? Rest assured you can contact the team at Superior Towing day or night, 24/7.
Categorised in: Towing Service
This post was written by Writer