If your vehicle breaks down or you are in an accident and you have to call a towing company for roadside assistance in Greeley, CO, you will likely feel overwhelmed by everything going on. Being stuck on the side of a road or highway is never fun, and there are many dangers for you and other drivers while you wait for help.
In the event of a vehicle breakdown, there are a few things you should make sure to do and some other things you absolutely should not do in order to keep everyone on the road safe, including yourself:
- DO pull your vehicle over and out of traffic: If you are able to drive your vehicle, maneuver it as far to the side of the road as possible so you are not blocking traffic. If you can’t drive it, try to push it to the side, but make sure you are being safe while doing so. Getting your car out of the way of traffic keeps you, your car and other drivers safe from potential accidents.
- DO turn on your hazard lights: Your hazard lights, signified by a red triangle on your dashboard, help signal to other drivers that you are not moving and something is wrong with your vehicle. Turn your hazard lights on no matter what time of day it is so that drivers can more easily identify your vehicle and move over.
- DO stay where it is safest: It can sometimes be difficult to find a safe place to stand and wait for a tow truck. Trust your instincts for where you think is safest and stay there to wait patiently. On busy highways, it may be better for you to stay in your vehicle with your seatbelt on. If you decide to stand on the side of the road, be sure to stay attentive for other vehicles.
- DON’T get out of the car in traffic: Getting out of your vehicle in the middle of traffic can be a safety hazard for you and other drivers. Stay attentive and do not leave your vehicle until you are away from traffic and off the road.
- DON’T accept rides from strangers: Some strangers may pull up and ask if you need a ride or any assistance. Stay with your car, keep your doors locked and speak through a cracked window. Not all strangers have positive intentions.
- DON’T leave personal belongings: If you decide to exit your vehicle, bring your personal belongings with you, such as your keys, wallet, purse, insurance card and other valuables. If you leave them unattended, they may be stolen. You also want to make sure they do not get taken with your car once the tow truck arrives.
If you are in need of roadside assistance in Greeley, CO, call Superior Towing! For over 30 years, we have provided 24/7 emergency towing, vehicle recovery and roadside assistance services, and we can handle any type of vehicle, including heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. For the best roadside assistance, call us today!
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance
This post was written by Writer