Most drivers have experienced the feeling of being stranded on the side of the highway because of a flat tire, an empty gas tank or an auto accident. While there might not be much of a silver lining to find when you’re waiting for your car to be towed, there are certain steps that you can take to ensure that you remain safe and your vehicle can be towed quickly and efficiently.
Staying alert and exercising caution while you are waiting for towing service in Greeley, CO is essential to keeping you, your vehicle, other drivers and emergency responders safe on the road. Here are some tips to help you stay safe:
- Make sure your car is parked properly: If you need to stop driving due to an emergency issue with your vehicle, or if you know that a breakdown is imminent, your first priority should be parking your car in a location that is as safe as possible. If you are unable to pull into a parking lot or a gas station, pull your car as far off the road and onto the shoulder as possible and turn on your hazard lights. Don’t make any calls or contact a towing service until your car is safely parked and your hazard lights are on.
- Wait for authorities if necessary: If you were involved in a car accident, you shouldn’t move your vehicle until the necessary authorities arrive. Depending on the extent of the damage, police officers may need to write an official report documenting the accident, and it is important that they are able to accurately understand what happened.
- Watch out for traffic: Always be aware and alert of what is going on around you and remain constantly vigilant of other vehicles as they pass by. Make sure to check your surroundings before you attempt to exit the vehicle to ensure that no vehicles are passing too close beside you.
- Gather important documents and valuables: When the tow truck arrives, you will want to be ready to go. Get any important documents from your vehicle that you might need to have with you, and gather your personal belongings and valuables so that you don’t have to worry about accidentally leaving them in your car.
- Stay out of the way of traffic: If you are parked alongside a busy road or highway, the safest thing to do is to remain in your vehicle with your seatbelt fastened. If at all possible, avoid leaving your car until the tow truck arrives.
The next time your vehicle gives out while you’re on the road, you can trust the experienced professionals at Superior Towing to get you and your vehicle off the shoulder with expert towing service in Greeley, CO. We are equipped with the knowledge and equipment necessary to provide tow services to cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, semi trucks, long haul trucks and more. No matter when or where your vehicle breaks down, our team is here to help with a speedy response time and efficient services. Whether it’s a tire blowout or an overheated engine, we are just a phone call away the next time you need roadside assistance.
Categorised in: Towing Service
This post was written by Writer